A senior Russian diplomat stated on Friday that Russia is willing to consider new proposals for resolving the conflict with Ukraine, but any suggestions must reflect the 'reality on the ground.'
Sergei Ryabkov, Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister, in an interview with the news site 'News Dot RU' published on Friday, noted that the United States has shown a willingness for a 'constructive dialogue' and 'understanding of Russia's position.'
He added, 'At this stage, the most important thing is how much Washington can influence decisions of the Kyiv regime and its European supporters, who are still dreaming of a 'strategic defeat' for Russia.'
Negotiations between Russia and the United States to end the conflict in Ukraine have largely stalled amidst a broader distraction with the Iran conflict.
The Kremlin stated on Thursday that it has no information about a possible new visit to Moscow by American presidential envoys Jared Kushner and Steve Witkoff, who have led previous negotiations with Russia.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said last month that Washington is committed to helping end the war following a meeting he held in Manila with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.
However, Rubio warned that no quick agreement is in sight and indicated that the United States aims to 'find a compromise.'
Ryabkov said Russia is ready to listen to Rubio's new ideas and continue dialogue with Washington.
He added, 'The Russian Federation is prepared to consider any reasonable proposals and ideas consistent with the goals set by the Russian president and reflecting the reality on the ground.'
After nearly four and a half years of war, Russia controls about one-fifth of internationally recognized Ukrainian territory. Moscow repeatedly states that it is open to dialogue provided that it considers the ‘new reality on the ground.'
In the interview, Ryabkov also mentioned that Russia is eager to continue discussions with the United States on nuclear weapons. The New START nuclear treaty expired in February, which means there are no longer any binding limits on the strategic arsenals of the world's two largest nuclear powers for the first time in more than half a century.
Moscow maintains that it will continue to adhere to the treaty's missile and warhead limits as long as Washington does the same.
Ryabkov added, 'We remain open to finding political and diplomatic means in the future to stabilize this region.'

